What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing all schools with additional funding to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sport in schools. This funding is ring-fenced which means it can only be used for its specified purpose.
How are we using the Sports Premium?
For 2017-18 funding will be used to:
- Extend extra-curricular provision across the school
- Increase numbers of pupils engaging in extra-curricular activities at lunchtimes and after school
- Increase level of sporting activity at lunchtimes
- To increase staff confidence and competence in teaching all areas of PE
- Develop playground facilities to promote active play times