Our curriculum is bespoke to us and is driven by the fact that we want children to leave the Mill secure in their own identity; familiar with their own community and sense of family; and have a real sense of opportunity as they leave us to continue their education. If you’d like to find out more about our curriculum please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Identity – What type of person do I want to be?
- Community – What type of community do I want to help develop and how can I do that?
- Opportunity – What opportunities are out there and how can I open them to me?
In addition to Writing, maths, reading, and science described on the other pages, we run an outcome driven curriculum. These units contribute to helping the pupils play an active part in our school and the wider community. They help to engender a confidence in their own ability and their own learning which we believe is core to their future success. Children enjoy these opportunities to reach beyond their expected goals and enjoy sharing their achievements and applying their skills and knowledge to other aspects of their learning.
These units help to build a successful move in to Key Stage 3, increasing confidence and preparing them for study at GCSE.
These core principles run through our school in all our curriculum studies. They drive how we want our children to think, behave and how we want to shape their beliefs.
THESE ARE THE BIG QUESTIONS . . .
- What community have I grown up in?
- What family community do I have?
- How do I contribute to the school as a community?
- How can I contribute to the wider community?
- What creates a community?
- What type of community do I want to help create and what do I do in it?
- Who am I?
- What do I believe?
- What makes me, me?
- Where do I get my beliefs?
- What type of person do I want to be?
- What opportunities are there out there in the world?
- What do I need to experience to understand the options open to me?
- How can I use my knowledge and skills to open doors?
- What opportunities do I want to make and what experiences will help me make them?